- From Joystiq:
"Firmware 1.90 is infecting Japanese PS3s as you read this. Symptoms of 1.90 - helpfully deciphered at NeoGAF - include:
* XMB backgrounds
* Move games in XMB up and down
* Eject games, CD's and movies from XMB by pressing triangle, and selecting "Eject Disk"
* Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
* Change the frequency of music to either 44.1, 88.2, or 176.4 kHz
* Change the PS3 video settings in-game
* Change the output settings - like the upscaling options and smoothing - while you're playing PS and PS2 games
* Bookmark function in the file menu of the web browser
Emoticons and XMB backgrounds all in one day? While that's great for Japanese PS3 owners, ThreeSpeech says the update will be available in Europe tomorrow, SCEA's Patrick Seybold has said we can expect news on the firmware "early [this] week", and PSN's Eric Lampel said the update is "coming soon." We'll be sure to give you a full rundown of the (real) release notes as soon as we find 'em."